What do you think about gun law in your country? 政治与政府

Hi, what do you think about gun law in your country?

Police are allowed big semi automatic guns, and pistols. Farmers are allowed shotguns and some people are allowed minor guns with payed yearly licences only at a gun club.

In Poland you can have every semi automatic guns for hunting, pistols, shotguns, and rifles for "sport" but without full auto guns

only some hunter allowed to hold it.others not allowed to hole gun,it is a good law i think although looks not Democratic

In China, most people are not allowed to own guns. Ordinary people can't buy guns on the market. As far as I know, even if you are a policeman, you can't use a gun in any situation. I think it's good because it makes us feel safe.

In Korea, as you know, most people are not allowed to have their own guns.
I really really like this policy.
Because people in Korea don't need to worry about the problems that the guns can cause.

No guns here

In Sri Lanka. Guns are not allowed. Only security force can use it

I haven't seen a gun in my life, but it makes me feel safe?

I think that it is totally naive to think that if the guns are forbidden there will be no guns in circulation...
Bad people will always find guns to commit crimes...
Have seen years ago a small documentary in which a French Journalist succeeded to buy a gun in less than 2hours in a popular city...
SO the conclusion is that, currently, up to no good people have access to weapons where good civilians have not...

The solution should be to allowed a part of the population to have access to guns.
These authorizations should be based on the Age, the Education, the Job, guns experience (police/military men and women)the criminal record, etc
Like this, there would be a kind of militia that could be anywhere in the streets, backing the police, but have also lots to lose in case of abuse...
In conclusion, this discrimination-based gun policy would be a great alternative to the current situation.

由 Verenius 编辑.

My thoughts are this. Many are against guns as well as for them. If you could get rid of all guns and the like great! But this can NOT be done! How could it. So with that said I think banning guns would not be the answer. Sure, it limits guns but also limits protection. If everyone had a gun, I think less crime would be committed. Who would walk into a bank with a gun, if everyone hade one. By banning guns it only takes them away from the people needing them. People who use them for stealing and killing will still get them. They do not care about it being illegal. What they are using them for is illegal and that does not stop them. We need to educate people about guns and the dangers. If someone robs a bank with no protection. Easy pickings. To rely on one security guard or a few police would be bad. They can not be everywhere. Think of it like how ants work. A few ants can be dealt with easily, but if the whole colony was there to protect themselves, well you get the idea. Imagine if in school shootings that the adults all have guns, would this have stopped so many children being killed. So guns are not he issue. It is the people using them.

I wished they could ban production in Italy

My thoughts are this. Many are against guns as well as for them. If you could get rid of all guns and the like great! But this can NOT be done! How could it. So with that said I think banning guns would not be the answer. Sure, it limits guns but also limits protection. If everyone had a gun, I think less crime would be committed. Who would walk into a bank with a gun, if everyone hade one. By banning guns it only takes them away from the people needing them. People who use them for stealing and killing will still get them. They do not care about it being illegal. What they are using them for is illegal and that does not stop them. We need to educate people about guns and the dangers. If someone robs a bank with no protection. Easy pickings. To rely on one security guard or a few police would be bad. They can not be everywhere. Think of it like how ants work. A few ants can be dealt with easily, but if the whole colony was there to protect themselves, well you get the idea. Imagine if in school shootings that the adults all have guns, would this have stopped so many children being killed. So guns are not he issue. It is the people using them.

So, you think that if everyone (including mentally ill people, criminals, etc.) had guns, there would be less gun violence? Maybe I've understood you all wrong, but that just sounds naive. If you look at other countries, outside of the USA, you would see that that's not the solution. The solution is gun control. And many countries have shown this. The fact that a grown man came up with this "solution", only reflects on how poorly the education system is set up in the USA.

no guns here. well i think you can get special permits but hardly anyone has them. i think guns are kinda dumb :/ what kind of normal person needs a gun. they aren't a super hero who faces the daily challenge of bad guys. i get the police having guns because its their job but civilians don't need the. if they say its to protect themselves i ask from what? other people with guns ? what if they didn't have guns un the first place ? that's just an opinion tho xx

“If you're afraid to leave the house unless you're armed, you don't need a gun, you need a psychiatrist.” ― Oliver Markus Malloy. I think the same way. What should we do as going to the bank? Taking our rocket launchers or flame throwers with us? They could be really effective on the "potential" robbers in the bank. Don't be ridiculous.

Although the 2nd amendment has been interpreted to allow those in the US to own guns it specifically states that it's in relation to well organized militias. So I'm not convinced that the right to bear arms as individuals who are not part of an organized militia is guaranteed by our constitiution.

Once one gets past that gun laws are enacted more at the state level. Some states allow open carry and some don't. Some states make it easier to buy and sell guns and others don't. Some restrict the types of guns that can be owned and others don't.

Since the US is the leader in gun deaths for Eurocentric countries (there are six countries in south and central America with higher death rates) I don't think our gun laws are working very well myself. Too many people are being killed by guns and the successful suicide rate for people who own guns is higher than for those who don't own guns.

So I'd like to see some changes to our gun laws.

Guns must be banned!

A basic principle in philosophy and in law theory is to allow force only by the state.

For sure the number of guns in a country is related to the number of shootings with casualties. Other causes play their role, basically economic, social and cultural.

USAcentric people should understand that USA are a very bad model and that many persons abroad are concerned about.

It seems very slim consolation looking for higher death rates among poor countries suffering from hardships in which USA economics and politics play a not good role.

We do not want to live in communities where even students take parents' automatic guns and kill dozens of school mates and workers.

In Italy recent right wing governments made much easier to buy a weapon, although not automatic ones. Crime has not decreased while some petty criminals and passers-by have been shot at. After political racist blaming some innocent immigrants and gipsies have been targeted even mortally, including children. But our figures are still quite low.