New chat is here! 新闻和更新

The new version of the chat has been released, [url=http://www.penpal-gate.net/chat/chat.php]try it out now[/url]!

Here's what's new:
- Interface entirely redesigned, more user-friendly and fully re-sizable;
- Separate threads for private messages;
- Members pictures integrated;
- "Ghost" issue fixed;
- Better optimization and reliability;
- Auto-detection of foreign languages in main chatroom;
- [i]Timeout[/i] and [i]Sign out[/i] statuses have been merged, therefore the [i]Quit[/i] button no longer exists;
- Various other fixes and minor improvements.

Note: As this version of the chat is totally new, it is possible you encounter bugs or issues. If you ever notice anything wrong, please [url=http://www.penpal-gate.net/contact.php]contact us[/url]!

Thank you people, and keep spreading the word about Penpal-Gate! 🙂

thumbup2

Auto-detetection of foreign languages fails a bit. Try typing in "autodetection of foreign langs?" (with question mark included). lol.

Auto-detetection of foreign languages fails a bit. Try typing in "autodetection of foreign langs?" (with question mark included). lol.
It doesn't fail. There are 3 conditions though for it to be active. It only takes effect:
- in main chatroom;
- when there are at least 4 users;
- when the messages are longer than just a couple words.

Yes it does fail. : >
I got 2 warnings for speaking normal English, weird. ;s

You got warning for speaking English? That's odd, the system is based on Google and is very accurate. Anyway, I will monitor script behavior to make sure.
If something wrong happens anyway, you guys don't hesitate to let me know!

[15:59:15] i met a guy from Congo right on this site
[15:59:15] Please keep in mind you need to speak English in the main chatroom!

😃

[18:40:38] how was your tadjikistan trip ?
[18:40:38] Please keep in mind you need to speak English in the main chatroom!

hmm...country names fail ?

This sentence was detected as Afrikaans because of the spelling mistake. I will try to manually improve accuracy. Thanks for the report

oh my god the chat room doesnt let me speak english???????????

oh my god the chat room doesnt let me speak english???????????
?

I personally love the new chat room. I think it is alot better than the old one and i think y'all did a very great job. when i message somebody then when i go to the main room again it isn't scrolled all the way down and i don't wanna miss a cinversation by accident sooo please make sure it scrolls

you can always enable/disable the "auto-scroll" function by ticking the small box in the right lower corner

I personally love the new chat room. I think it is alot better than the old one and i think y'all did a very great job. when i message somebody then when i go to the main room again it isn't scrolled all the way down and i don't wanna miss a cinversation by accident sooo please make sure it scrolls
As Remus said, by default it auto-scrolls the different windows. If it doesn't work properly, what web browser do you use?

why does a user get sign out automatically after a while? It did not happen in the previous chat room. help me out.

why does a user get sign out automatically after a while? It did not happen in the previous chat room. help me out.
Users are kicked out of chat after 1 hour being idle. Why? Because if they don't participate in the conversation, then it uses bandwidth and CPU from the server for nothing.
A whole hour is a lot, so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone. This system was already running in the previous version of the chat.

true but some are disconnected before an hour due to loss of ping packages...and i guess this varies from connection to connection so there's pretty much a problem independent of the penpal-gate server . however if you really want to chat again it's not that hard to enter the room one more time 😛

it gets sign out just after some minutes, not after an hour.